Skip to main content

Happy Navratri! :)

 Ten days 

Nine nights 

Spent watching our beloved guests 

Smile, laugh, 

Spreading warmth 

As the dolls adorning 5 beautiful steps 

Smile back at us 

Running to and fro, attending to our guests 

Whilst stealing glanced at our precious idols. 

Ten days, nine nights 

Collections of dozens of gifts

More than five dozens of people have come 

And more than five dozens of smiles brought home. 

Ten days, nine nights

Over a hundred steps we've seen 

Five steps displayed 

This year a step to the next 

Next year we step up our game. 

Ten days, nine nights 

Today, they come to an end 

The dolls packed away in the loft,

Don't fret - there's only a little more than 

Three hundred and fifty days left. :)

Comments

  1. Super Shriyan Fantastic.Excellent.God bless you my dear and always with you in all ur step.Anbudan Viji Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! your poem shows the grace of Goddess Saraswati for you. We get Happiness from Hospitality and Humbleness we show.you have expressed it very well with good ending.The Devine Ten days and nine nights our traditions gives us positive energy.
    Enjoyed your poem
    From
    Pushpa Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful writeup Shriyan darling. Nicely articulated. Let all the God's who were in your drawing room all these nine days shower their blessings to you - from the loaft now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clouded

  Every night, I bring myself  To stare up at the sky -  But turn back home, with a frown on my face, Clouds blocking stars, showing wry.  Every morning, I peek out the window  To marvel at the sea above - But turn away, losing hope,  Cotton figures, masking what I love.  Every time I see the clouds,  I curse them, with all might,  They don't deserve to be up there,  Ruining the bright days and starry nights.  And one day, the clouds finally went away,  And I stargazed in much peace.  But suddenly, the sky felt a bit empty -  Although dotted by the stars, without fake fleece. In the mornings, the sun burnt the pavements -  And something inside me missed watching  The white shapes that merrily float past -  I didn't realise they had much meaning.  Though much couldn't be seen, they brought A wholesome feeling - that you probably can't see -  You only can, when one day,  The clouds decide t...

What it really feels like, being indecisive.

  Let's get started.  Pick the next line:  You mean I need to choose?  You'll do just fine -  That is NOT true -  Whatever, pick the next -  I CANNOT DECIDE .  I mean why not?  That's my flawed side.  Oh, ambiguous, are we?  Sure, just pick a line for me. Is this turning into a poem?  It better be!  Why can't you decide on one answer?  What if one is better than the next?  Don't think too much about possible blunders -  That is exactly why I fret.  You can't not have an opinion -  But that's how it is.  You should really change -  It's not my fault I'm indecisive.  Think about it, I'm used to heat, but at the moment  I can use some cool But I can survive in the Sahara if I have to But I'll suffer in cold rooms, I might even solidify  But now, the heat is a bit hard to bear  But I'm afraid, the AC might get too extreme -  ALRIGHT, I understand, it's pretty hard to ...

Thunder & Lightning

Lightning is that which intimidates,  But thunder is that which wishes  To follow lightning.  That is to say,  Thunder follows lightning's path,  But reaches a different destination.  But thunder can be far more intimidating -  You don't need to see it to believe it.  But aren't we told to not blindly believe  Whatever we hear?  For all we know, the "thunder" we heard,  Could just be the bark of a very large dog.  But lightning is something we see - But can we believe everything we see?  Perhaps the lightning is just  The lights, somewhere in the sky  Fluctuating.  But if we can't rely on thunder  Or lightning  What if they're both played together?  Though thunder always follows,  Never leads or walks beside,  Surely, we can believe  If we see it, and hear it.  But how great could the coincidences be?  No, to believe it, you must feel it -  And not just a mere ink...