Skip to main content

Happy New Year!

Hello, 2026, 

What do you have for us? 

We're all optimistic - 

And we're almost experienced.

I'm ready for the long list of resolutions 

That will either last a week or fade away.

I've met your predecessors - 

Big titles, a promising index 

But the font becomes smaller and less denser 

As the pages turn. 

And I hope that this time, 

The chaos is funny 

The change is useful 

The evolution is forwards.

You don't need to be perfect - 

We just need enough light to find

Our lost things

Ourselves

And our people. 

Without panic. 

But anyways, I'll try again - 

A new journal, new diary, 

New planner, a neater handwriting - 

It wouldn't hurt to try, even if I might fail.

But make sure to knock first 

Before barging in -

I prefer a slow fade in 

Rather than a flash. 

And however it goes, 

Please give us a good story, 

Lots of happy memories, 

And the best of friends. 

Dear 2026, 

Be weird - but not cruel, 

Be surprising - but not expensive, 

Be transformative - but don't erase old memories.


Comments

  1. Happy New Year dearest Shriyan. . Wishing you the best of 2026 ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fantastic Shriyan. Wish u happy new year to u. God bless you and always with you in all ur steps taken by u All the best. Anbudan Viji Patti.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful poem Shri! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shriyandhaa ! Welcoming a new day new year through your positive commands shows your care on the society. Beautiful sharp words and your poem is extraordinary . I join with you in wishing all by welcoming the 2026 not the number alone but the New year . HAPPY NEW YEAR

    PUSHPA PATTI

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Shri ! Love you !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year da pattu kutty ❤️ First off , take a bow for this fantastic poem . The way you have portrayed a negotiation with the upcoming year , rather than putting the burden of too much expectation from it , speaks volumes of your sensibility which is definitely much ahead of years for a child of your age! Nothing but experience would make someone this mellowed when welcoming new beginnings, and it is hard for me to believe that it is coming from a 13 year old !!
    I hope that this new year brings with it fantastic new experiences for you! You would be stepping into high school this year, which is the first step towards your life ahead ! I pray and wish to the almighty that you reach dizzy heights and win many many accolades! I also pray that He be with you at all times, guiding you in any path that you choose for yourself!
    Loads of love da cutie patootie ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy new year prty lil baby

    ReplyDelete
  8. The three ending lines are superb which passes hidden message to all. Our best wishes to you. 👍💐💐

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful poem Shriyan darling. Nice way to bid adieu to 2025 and welcome 2026. Happy new year and blessings for a fantastic year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super Shriyandhaa Kudos to u God bless u with more achievements in this New Year 2026

    Pushpa Patti's friend Sujatha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sriyandha,happy ,healthy and bright new year 2026. As you said,optimism is the buzz word for everyone to keep the life going on....Let this New year bring in mental peace ,calmness and good health for all. Wonderful poem and your array of words enhances the beauty ofthe poem .
      Love from Pushkala paati

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clouded

  Every night, I bring myself  To stare up at the sky -  But turn back home, with a frown on my face, Clouds blocking stars, showing wry.  Every morning, I peek out the window  To marvel at the sea above - But turn away, losing hope,  Cotton figures, masking what I love.  Every time I see the clouds,  I curse them, with all might,  They don't deserve to be up there,  Ruining the bright days and starry nights.  And one day, the clouds finally went away,  And I stargazed in much peace.  But suddenly, the sky felt a bit empty -  Although dotted by the stars, without fake fleece. In the mornings, the sun burnt the pavements -  And something inside me missed watching  The white shapes that merrily float past -  I didn't realise they had much meaning.  Though much couldn't be seen, they brought A wholesome feeling - that you probably can't see -  You only can, when one day,  The clouds decide t...

What it really feels like, being indecisive.

  Let's get started.  Pick the next line:  You mean I need to choose?  You'll do just fine -  That is NOT true -  Whatever, pick the next -  I CANNOT DECIDE .  I mean why not?  That's my flawed side.  Oh, ambiguous, are we?  Sure, just pick a line for me. Is this turning into a poem?  It better be!  Why can't you decide on one answer?  What if one is better than the next?  Don't think too much about possible blunders -  That is exactly why I fret.  You can't not have an opinion -  But that's how it is.  You should really change -  It's not my fault I'm indecisive.  Think about it, I'm used to heat, but at the moment  I can use some cool But I can survive in the Sahara if I have to But I'll suffer in cold rooms, I might even solidify  But now, the heat is a bit hard to bear  But I'm afraid, the AC might get too extreme -  ALRIGHT, I understand, it's pretty hard to ...

Thunder & Lightning

Lightning is that which intimidates,  But thunder is that which wishes  To follow lightning.  That is to say,  Thunder follows lightning's path,  But reaches a different destination.  But thunder can be far more intimidating -  You don't need to see it to believe it.  But aren't we told to not blindly believe  Whatever we hear?  For all we know, the "thunder" we heard,  Could just be the bark of a very large dog.  But lightning is something we see - But can we believe everything we see?  Perhaps the lightning is just  The lights, somewhere in the sky  Fluctuating.  But if we can't rely on thunder  Or lightning  What if they're both played together?  Though thunder always follows,  Never leads or walks beside,  Surely, we can believe  If we see it, and hear it.  But how great could the coincidences be?  No, to believe it, you must feel it -  And not just a mere ink...