Skip to main content

But where's my present?

 


Christmas and Summer, along with their parents were decorating their house with dazzling Christmas decorations.


"I can't imagine how exciting it is to welcome Santa! I'm so excited about the presents we'll get, the candies we'll get, and much more!" Said Christmas, hanging the streamers. 


"Yes, and I wish Santa had a grotto, where we could go and tell him what we want. Poor Santa, even if he's an old man, he is capable of delivering presents to billions and trillions of kids, all around the world!" Said Summer.


After hanging the lights onto the big Christmas tree, Christmas and Summer's father came to them panting. "Kids, we'll be going to Santa's grotto now," Summer and Christmas jumped for joy, putting their jackets and hats on.


They left for the grotto. "I really didn't know that Santa did have a grotto!" Said Christmas with pleasure. "So did I," Said Summer, looking at the beautiful snowmen built by the children.


As soon as they reached, Christmas rushed out of the Car. "Wait, where's the grotto? There's only a battery car over here. Should we be crossing this area?" Christmas wondered.


When Summer and their parents got in the battery car, Christmas knew what to do. They all left for the grotto nearby with a zoom. The battery car went as fast as a horse.


The battery car stopped at their destination. They all got out of the battery car for an exciting place was ahead. They stepped in, and Summer and Christmas jumped with joy.


"Santa Claus!" They both gasped. Santa gave a kind smile. Summer pushed Christmas and went to Santa. "Looks like you're the last two!" Said Santa, pulling out his big book of lists.


Summer told Santa that she wanted a giant teddy bear, with should be pink in colour. Santa agreed and noted the command. Christmas shyly walked to Santa. "I'd like a cute Santa doll, a soft toy, which can speak, please," Said Christmas, shyly, trying not to be rough or excited like Summer. 


Santa patted Christmas and noted the order. "You're really lucky to have snatched the name of my festival," Said Santa with a laugh. With a ho, ho, ho, Santa closed the grotto. 


The family returned home with happy faces. Summer and Christmas were extremely excited. Santa returned to the North Pole factory, where the little elves work on the toys. "Time to get to get to work, elves," Said Santa, handing over the book to the wisest elf.


It was the day before the day before Christmas, and the elves had one more order to finish preparing. After half an hour, the gifts were shipped to Santa, who lived 12 killometeres away from the factory. Santa cross checked if all the gifts were there. 


The elves hadn't labled the last gift which was Christmas's gift. Even Santa accidentally announced that it was an extra present. The present was soon disposed into the 'OLD TOYS' area, where old and waste toys are stored. This place was present in the elf factory.


The day before Christmas had arrived, and Christmas and Summer were eagerly waiting for the next 16 hours to pass quickly. "Chrisy, can't you believe that Christmas is just TOMORROW?!" Asked Summer with excitement. "Yes Summy, I'm terribly, awfully excited! Santa is sure to come all the way down our chimney to deliver the presents," Said Christmas.


Santa cleaned his sleigh and fed his reindeers. Santa pulled the reindeers' reins and of he went to deliver presents! 


That night, the kids went to sleep by 7. "We should sleep as soon as we could, because Santa will be here to see us!" Said Summer, tucking herself into bed. But before she could say another word, she heard horrible snoring. It was Christmas.


Santa then flew past the houses, with his regular words, ho ho ho, but this time, softly, because the children may wake up due to his loud laughing.


Santa tip toed down the chimney, and left 3 presents - one for Summer, and the other two for her parents. He then munched on the mince pie and sipped the drink. He collected the carrots for the reindeer. 


The next morning, by 5, everyone were up. Summer and Christmas rushed down the stairs. "Finally! The day has come! Let's reveal our presents!" Cried Summer. Their parents restricted them from opening the presents. "Let's make the pudding first, then we'll come to present opening," Said their mom.


The pudding wa steady by 7 and Summer and Christmas, along with their parents rushed to the Christmas tree. "Santa ate the mince pie and drunk the drink we had left! And look! Three presents!" Said Christmas. They tore the wrappers and found their presents inside. 


"A new smartwatch! Just what I wished for," Said their father. "A new whisk! I wished for this, didn't I?" Said their mom. "Wow! A giant pink teddy bear! I'm blessed to have my wish fulfilled," Said Summer with a gigantic smile. "Where is my present? Did Santa forget? Oh dear!" Christmas cried. 


All the way back at North Pole, Santa was looking at his magical globe show the happy faces of the children. When he saw Christmas's face, a thought struck his mind. "Oh dear! I forgot! The toy we threw away was meant to be delivered to Christmas! Oh, what am I to do now?" Santa thought.


He reached the factory and ordered the elves to make a cute Santa doll which would talk. The elves saluted to Santa and started working on it. Santa felt bad for doing such a thing. He vowed that from the next time, he'd use his book to check. 


The present was wrapped in golden papers, and finally, the elves labled it. "Christmas Monsoon," an elf told as she wrote it in the best handwriting.


The gift was given to Santa and Santa ride his sleigh once again. He went all the way to Asia, and there, he entered India. He went straight into Chennai and dropped the present down the chimney. He didn't want to be seen. He left the block at once. Christmas rushed to the chimney, and found a golden box. She found the box labled as Christmas Monsoon, and at once knew that that was her name. 


She got excited and tore the paper in a rush. And she found what she was looking for - the Santa doll. She found a note and read it before she looked at her present. "Dear Christmas, I'm sorry because I accidentally threw the doll prepared for you. We re-made the doll and now, it has been delivered. Sorry for the late delivery. Santa Claus." She read. She was relieved and explored her new doll.


"And at last, Santa delivered it." Said Christmas to herself, with a huge smile.













Comments

  1. Happy Christmas. Will read the story lesurily shriyandhaa

    From Pushpa patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. கிறிஸ்துமஸ் பற்றிய உன்னுடைய கதை அருமை அதில் உன்னுடைய கடுமையான முயற்சியும் கற்பனா சக்தியும் தெரிகிறது வெல் டன் கீப்இட் அப். அன்புடன். விஜி பாட்டி

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clouded

  Every night, I bring myself  To stare up at the sky -  But turn back home, with a frown on my face, Clouds blocking stars, showing wry.  Every morning, I peek out the window  To marvel at the sea above - But turn away, losing hope,  Cotton figures, masking what I love.  Every time I see the clouds,  I curse them, with all might,  They don't deserve to be up there,  Ruining the bright days and starry nights.  And one day, the clouds finally went away,  And I stargazed in much peace.  But suddenly, the sky felt a bit empty -  Although dotted by the stars, without fake fleece. In the mornings, the sun burnt the pavements -  And something inside me missed watching  The white shapes that merrily float past -  I didn't realise they had much meaning.  Though much couldn't be seen, they brought A wholesome feeling - that you probably can't see -  You only can, when one day,  The clouds decide t...

Thunder & Lightning

Lightning is that which intimidates,  But thunder is that which wishes  To follow lightning.  That is to say,  Thunder follows lightning's path,  But reaches a different destination.  But thunder can be far more intimidating -  You don't need to see it to believe it.  But aren't we told to not blindly believe  Whatever we hear?  For all we know, the "thunder" we heard,  Could just be the bark of a very large dog.  But lightning is something we see - But can we believe everything we see?  Perhaps the lightning is just  The lights, somewhere in the sky  Fluctuating.  But if we can't rely on thunder  Or lightning  What if they're both played together?  Though thunder always follows,  Never leads or walks beside,  Surely, we can believe  If we see it, and hear it.  But how great could the coincidences be?  No, to believe it, you must feel it -  And not just a mere ink...

What it really feels like, being indecisive.

  Let's get started.  Pick the next line:  You mean I need to choose?  You'll do just fine -  That is NOT true -  Whatever, pick the next -  I CANNOT DECIDE .  I mean why not?  That's my flawed side.  Oh, ambiguous, are we?  Sure, just pick a line for me. Is this turning into a poem?  It better be!  Why can't you decide on one answer?  What if one is better than the next?  Don't think too much about possible blunders -  That is exactly why I fret.  You can't not have an opinion -  But that's how it is.  You should really change -  It's not my fault I'm indecisive.  Think about it, I'm used to heat, but at the moment  I can use some cool But I can survive in the Sahara if I have to But I'll suffer in cold rooms, I might even solidify  But now, the heat is a bit hard to bear  But I'm afraid, the AC might get too extreme -  ALRIGHT, I understand, it's pretty hard to ...