Skip to main content

Online Classes


You know that we're stuck in this lockdown. So we have online classes. 

June 8th was our 3rd grade opening day. I couldn't wait to meet my teachers and friends! But I just had to turn my video on, sit quietly in one place and keep my mic muted. The others were happy unmuting their mics, shouting loud. But as days passed by, things got calm and I got the hang of these online classes. 

We have classes in Microsoft Teams, which is an app. It is hard to concentrate with my younger sister, as she always shouts, sits on my lap, sends messages in the Activity or Teams corner. 

The fun part is we get to change our backgrounds. Some teachers keep quizzes online, send slides and even record classes.

 I feel happy because I'm with my parents but sad too, as I can't meet my friends, teachers and I can't play with my friends in our playground. I miss the sound of our school bell. 

We  used to share snacks  and lunch at school but not now, 'cause it's online. We don't get to slide, run around the corridors chasing each other. I miss our teachers' beautiful colourful sarees. Virtual school is not as much a fun as the real school.

Sometimes we must upload our work in assignments or in One-Note. Will this last forever? No! We will fight this Corona and get back to our real school soon. 

Comments

  1. What a beautiful write up.
    The flow of thoughts and the way in which the write up was presented was excellent. Keep it up Shriyandhaa. Keep writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shripradhaa really you are rocking while writing. I can understand you children's feeling of missing school admosphere from your writing. Let us pray for every thing to become normal and you children to enjoy your schooling

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Shriyan 👌 missing teacher's beautiful sarees😂 sema!! Have fun at home dear!! Write more!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clouded

  Every night, I bring myself  To stare up at the sky -  But turn back home, with a frown on my face, Clouds blocking stars, showing wry.  Every morning, I peek out the window  To marvel at the sea above - But turn away, losing hope,  Cotton figures, masking what I love.  Every time I see the clouds,  I curse them, with all might,  They don't deserve to be up there,  Ruining the bright days and starry nights.  And one day, the clouds finally went away,  And I stargazed in much peace.  But suddenly, the sky felt a bit empty -  Although dotted by the stars, without fake fleece. In the mornings, the sun burnt the pavements -  And something inside me missed watching  The white shapes that merrily float past -  I didn't realise they had much meaning.  Though much couldn't be seen, they brought A wholesome feeling - that you probably can't see -  You only can, when one day,  The clouds decide t...

What it really feels like, being indecisive.

  Let's get started.  Pick the next line:  You mean I need to choose?  You'll do just fine -  That is NOT true -  Whatever, pick the next -  I CANNOT DECIDE .  I mean why not?  That's my flawed side.  Oh, ambiguous, are we?  Sure, just pick a line for me. Is this turning into a poem?  It better be!  Why can't you decide on one answer?  What if one is better than the next?  Don't think too much about possible blunders -  That is exactly why I fret.  You can't not have an opinion -  But that's how it is.  You should really change -  It's not my fault I'm indecisive.  Think about it, I'm used to heat, but at the moment  I can use some cool But I can survive in the Sahara if I have to But I'll suffer in cold rooms, I might even solidify  But now, the heat is a bit hard to bear  But I'm afraid, the AC might get too extreme -  ALRIGHT, I understand, it's pretty hard to ...

Thunder & Lightning

Lightning is that which intimidates,  But thunder is that which wishes  To follow lightning.  That is to say,  Thunder follows lightning's path,  But reaches a different destination.  But thunder can be far more intimidating -  You don't need to see it to believe it.  But aren't we told to not blindly believe  Whatever we hear?  For all we know, the "thunder" we heard,  Could just be the bark of a very large dog.  But lightning is something we see - But can we believe everything we see?  Perhaps the lightning is just  The lights, somewhere in the sky  Fluctuating.  But if we can't rely on thunder  Or lightning  What if they're both played together?  Though thunder always follows,  Never leads or walks beside,  Surely, we can believe  If we see it, and hear it.  But how great could the coincidences be?  No, to believe it, you must feel it -  And not just a mere ink...