Skip to main content

The Alphabetical Poem of Memories

 An echo from the past, that continues to echo,

But is not heard, amidst the other conundrum,

Conundrum it is; an array of diverse memories,

Dressed up in assorted attires of spirits each.

Even though it knows it's not heard,

For long does that one memory continue to reverberate,

Growing louder and louder until I found out,

Heard that single ripple and dug deep.

Inside, I found, a beautiful collection,

Jarring, childish, but immaculate all the same,

Kites that fly beneath my range of sight

Long lost memories, waiting to be re-discovered.

My, did I lose myself in the huge labyrinth

Never did I feel like waking up from my reveries 

Once I did, I found myself wishing, wishing 

Pleading to myself to reinstate everything to the past.

Quaint is what I am; I'm clingy about the past,

Resting in aged laughter and love is what I do,

So don't, don't judge me;

True, it's just my way of showing I miss old times.


Comments

  1. Yet again , a brilliant poem from your kitty, Shriyan!! ❤️ The way you have coherently threaded your thoughts in an alphabetical order is simply mind blowing !! At times , in order to stick to the construct , we tend to compromise on the flow and meaning of the poem; but your poem is as cohesive and cogent as it can be!! Brilliantly written da pattu ❤️
    You are so right when you say that some memories just stick with us for a long time . At times , such dreams recur often! Some memories too, so to say, are so deeply etched that we end up wishing to relive those moments. However, if you really think about it, it is best to keep these memories in the past , just so they don’t taint our yet-to-be-formed memories, no? Of course , at times when we are really down , most of us resort to the comforts of our happy memories to pick us up , but once they do their bidding , best would be lock them up safely till we really need them again!!
    Beautifully conceptualized and crafted da pattu!!! Keep writing !!
    Loads and loads of love ❤️ ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shriyandhaa i enjoyed poem the way of writing with Alphabetical order. You have given a message too while doing so which is applicable to all irrespective of age. Iam proud of you for your are gifted the the talent of giving messages to society through your true thoughts and wonderful words. May God bless you.
    From
    Pushpa patti

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clouded

  Every night, I bring myself  To stare up at the sky -  But turn back home, with a frown on my face, Clouds blocking stars, showing wry.  Every morning, I peek out the window  To marvel at the sea above - But turn away, losing hope,  Cotton figures, masking what I love.  Every time I see the clouds,  I curse them, with all might,  They don't deserve to be up there,  Ruining the bright days and starry nights.  And one day, the clouds finally went away,  And I stargazed in much peace.  But suddenly, the sky felt a bit empty -  Although dotted by the stars, without fake fleece. In the mornings, the sun burnt the pavements -  And something inside me missed watching  The white shapes that merrily float past -  I didn't realise they had much meaning.  Though much couldn't be seen, they brought A wholesome feeling - that you probably can't see -  You only can, when one day,  The clouds decide t...

Thunder & Lightning

Lightning is that which intimidates,  But thunder is that which wishes  To follow lightning.  That is to say,  Thunder follows lightning's path,  But reaches a different destination.  But thunder can be far more intimidating -  You don't need to see it to believe it.  But aren't we told to not blindly believe  Whatever we hear?  For all we know, the "thunder" we heard,  Could just be the bark of a very large dog.  But lightning is something we see - But can we believe everything we see?  Perhaps the lightning is just  The lights, somewhere in the sky  Fluctuating.  But if we can't rely on thunder  Or lightning  What if they're both played together?  Though thunder always follows,  Never leads or walks beside,  Surely, we can believe  If we see it, and hear it.  But how great could the coincidences be?  No, to believe it, you must feel it -  And not just a mere ink...

What it really feels like, being indecisive.

  Let's get started.  Pick the next line:  You mean I need to choose?  You'll do just fine -  That is NOT true -  Whatever, pick the next -  I CANNOT DECIDE .  I mean why not?  That's my flawed side.  Oh, ambiguous, are we?  Sure, just pick a line for me. Is this turning into a poem?  It better be!  Why can't you decide on one answer?  What if one is better than the next?  Don't think too much about possible blunders -  That is exactly why I fret.  You can't not have an opinion -  But that's how it is.  You should really change -  It's not my fault I'm indecisive.  Think about it, I'm used to heat, but at the moment  I can use some cool But I can survive in the Sahara if I have to But I'll suffer in cold rooms, I might even solidify  But now, the heat is a bit hard to bear  But I'm afraid, the AC might get too extreme -  ALRIGHT, I understand, it's pretty hard to ...