Skip to main content

Stuck To Me - Forever

A delicious apple lay before me
And as my eyes shone, my hands picked it up
With greed
My mouth took a bite, triggering a rush of 
Taste 
And the wonderful apple I devoured with haste.
As I washed it down with thirst quenching water,
I felt something hugging the back of my inner tooth,
It seemed to tighten its grasp as time fell slacker,
And I fumbled all along to get it out soon.
My tongue turned in all ways
As it tried to push the irritant out
But at the end, my tongue turned in for the day
As I bit it hard - releasing a raspy shout.
I used my blunt fingers
Nail-free, to pluck it out,
But it became weaker
As I dug my tooth more - no luck, a pout.
I rummaged my house for one - just one toothpick,
Or any sharp object that won't mind 
Going in and out of my mouth to fetch the bit out quick
But only that object I couldn't find.
I stood in front of the mirror,
Looking again and again 
At that stuck apple crumb that seemed to have gotten
Bigger 
I kept fiddling with it, with my fingers, with my tongue 
With my other neighbouring teeth,
No luck, I gave up and termed it 
A cause far-flung.
I spent the rest of the day, lying hopelessly in my bed
Sick of the irritant stuck inside my mouth
And once, after a long time, my fiddling prevailed -
My sore tongue helped me get that piece out.
And the free bit, I tried to swallow -
In the process, allowing it to get stuck
To another tooth fellow.

Comments

  1. Most of us have this experience. As usual you have narrated so interestingly even the irritating struck piece of apple and I enjoyed reading it with a smile.super Shriyandhaa
    From
    Pushpa patti

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clouded

  Every night, I bring myself  To stare up at the sky -  But turn back home, with a frown on my face, Clouds blocking stars, showing wry.  Every morning, I peek out the window  To marvel at the sea above - But turn away, losing hope,  Cotton figures, masking what I love.  Every time I see the clouds,  I curse them, with all might,  They don't deserve to be up there,  Ruining the bright days and starry nights.  And one day, the clouds finally went away,  And I stargazed in much peace.  But suddenly, the sky felt a bit empty -  Although dotted by the stars, without fake fleece. In the mornings, the sun burnt the pavements -  And something inside me missed watching  The white shapes that merrily float past -  I didn't realise they had much meaning.  Though much couldn't be seen, they brought A wholesome feeling - that you probably can't see -  You only can, when one day,  The clouds decide t...

Thunder & Lightning

Lightning is that which intimidates,  But thunder is that which wishes  To follow lightning.  That is to say,  Thunder follows lightning's path,  But reaches a different destination.  But thunder can be far more intimidating -  You don't need to see it to believe it.  But aren't we told to not blindly believe  Whatever we hear?  For all we know, the "thunder" we heard,  Could just be the bark of a very large dog.  But lightning is something we see - But can we believe everything we see?  Perhaps the lightning is just  The lights, somewhere in the sky  Fluctuating.  But if we can't rely on thunder  Or lightning  What if they're both played together?  Though thunder always follows,  Never leads or walks beside,  Surely, we can believe  If we see it, and hear it.  But how great could the coincidences be?  No, to believe it, you must feel it -  And not just a mere ink...

What it really feels like, being indecisive.

  Let's get started.  Pick the next line:  You mean I need to choose?  You'll do just fine -  That is NOT true -  Whatever, pick the next -  I CANNOT DECIDE .  I mean why not?  That's my flawed side.  Oh, ambiguous, are we?  Sure, just pick a line for me. Is this turning into a poem?  It better be!  Why can't you decide on one answer?  What if one is better than the next?  Don't think too much about possible blunders -  That is exactly why I fret.  You can't not have an opinion -  But that's how it is.  You should really change -  It's not my fault I'm indecisive.  Think about it, I'm used to heat, but at the moment  I can use some cool But I can survive in the Sahara if I have to But I'll suffer in cold rooms, I might even solidify  But now, the heat is a bit hard to bear  But I'm afraid, the AC might get too extreme -  ALRIGHT, I understand, it's pretty hard to ...