Skip to main content

Lost and Found

 What hope you once had, 

What hope you soon lost.

All those good times, 

Freezes into still frost.


Fades into mere memory,

Buried deep inside,

And away in a flurry, you might think, 

It flees to the world outside.


What memories you cherished, 

Will tend to fade away.

You might later not remember, 

The joys of the early days.


Not even a trigger, 

No oversight. 

Because what is lost is not found, 

Not even with sheer strife.


Fragile memories from old childhood, 

Splintered into pieces as you sow a reformed life,

But hold on to them, will you, 

Don't let your new self be your old life's knife.


You might, however, lose old laughter, 

Your joy, your cheer, and all sweet banters.

But one day in your reinvented dawn, 

You will reminisce about the past, and the past's future.


And, oh, will you ponder and wonder, 

Where has it gone, the good old laughter?

Then you'll see light, regretting the major changes, 

Of your young, boisterous self, to the quiet, wise thinker.


Photographs can tear, can fade away, 

But not your memories, be it strong or weak,

Once a memory is printed, it will linger forever,

 Only in hibernation, waiting for you to remember.


Not all lost things are found, 

Not all existing things are lost.

Never are rusted grudges re-discovered, 

And never do the old echoes of laughter turn to unbeatable frost.


Comments

  1. Wow. What a thought and flow of words. Unbelievable. Unless you experience deep in your heart you can not express such feelings.Really Shriyandhaa you should thank God for such a gift of writing poems and leaving a valuable message also.
    From
    Pushpa Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! So beautiful and profound! May your memories and past moments be your strength forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing!! Very nice poem!! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heyyy ! Satu here ! Bro this is the poem u wrote about our fight , right ? 😝

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clouded

  Every night, I bring myself  To stare up at the sky -  But turn back home, with a frown on my face, Clouds blocking stars, showing wry.  Every morning, I peek out the window  To marvel at the sea above - But turn away, losing hope,  Cotton figures, masking what I love.  Every time I see the clouds,  I curse them, with all might,  They don't deserve to be up there,  Ruining the bright days and starry nights.  And one day, the clouds finally went away,  And I stargazed in much peace.  But suddenly, the sky felt a bit empty -  Although dotted by the stars, without fake fleece. In the mornings, the sun burnt the pavements -  And something inside me missed watching  The white shapes that merrily float past -  I didn't realise they had much meaning.  Though much couldn't be seen, they brought A wholesome feeling - that you probably can't see -  You only can, when one day,  The clouds decide t...

Thunder & Lightning

Lightning is that which intimidates,  But thunder is that which wishes  To follow lightning.  That is to say,  Thunder follows lightning's path,  But reaches a different destination.  But thunder can be far more intimidating -  You don't need to see it to believe it.  But aren't we told to not blindly believe  Whatever we hear?  For all we know, the "thunder" we heard,  Could just be the bark of a very large dog.  But lightning is something we see - But can we believe everything we see?  Perhaps the lightning is just  The lights, somewhere in the sky  Fluctuating.  But if we can't rely on thunder  Or lightning  What if they're both played together?  Though thunder always follows,  Never leads or walks beside,  Surely, we can believe  If we see it, and hear it.  But how great could the coincidences be?  No, to believe it, you must feel it -  And not just a mere ink...

What it really feels like, being indecisive.

  Let's get started.  Pick the next line:  You mean I need to choose?  You'll do just fine -  That is NOT true -  Whatever, pick the next -  I CANNOT DECIDE .  I mean why not?  That's my flawed side.  Oh, ambiguous, are we?  Sure, just pick a line for me. Is this turning into a poem?  It better be!  Why can't you decide on one answer?  What if one is better than the next?  Don't think too much about possible blunders -  That is exactly why I fret.  You can't not have an opinion -  But that's how it is.  You should really change -  It's not my fault I'm indecisive.  Think about it, I'm used to heat, but at the moment  I can use some cool But I can survive in the Sahara if I have to But I'll suffer in cold rooms, I might even solidify  But now, the heat is a bit hard to bear  But I'm afraid, the AC might get too extreme -  ALRIGHT, I understand, it's pretty hard to ...