Skip to main content

Blue

 With a crisp, short name

Yes, you heard it right,

Blue likes to play a unique game,

Blue likes to change the light.


With serene hues,

Yet bold forms,

You can't resist colour blue,

Blue's both the calm and the storm.


Blue is constant,

Being the colour of sea and sky,

Blue is not hard to hunt - 

It is present everywhere; be it low or high.


Like the vast ocean that contain salt,

The bright yet dark blue sucks up your fear,

Blue is, like red, a symbol of bravery and courage's vault,

But it fights with peace, unlike the violent red which fights with bright colours far yet near.


Blue comes in forms of all,

Subtle, dark, bright, jarring,

But not one colour has been disliked by them all,

Each and every colour has its own standing.


Blue, well, is it a symbol of sadness too?

Or is it just our own assumption?

Not all bad things are dark, not all skies are blue,

And not always does blue, for sadness, function.


Blue establishes peace and hope,

With its striking, diverse, positive shades,

So give my favourite colour a chance, will you,

Because when you feel it, you'll understand the truth about Blue the Great.



Comments

  1. A different thought about the colour Blue. Very nice poem Shriyandhaa. Your analysis and bringing it in words and ending with message is really amazing. . Keep going..
    From
    Pushpa Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poem on Blue is great. It is a true statement of your thoughts about blue. Blue denotes the colour of Lord Mahavishnu, Sriman Narayana, Krishna. Yes blue is calm and denotes the Sathiva Guna which means calm and composed.. your expression of Blue poem is fine.

    Babu Thatha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clouded

  Every night, I bring myself  To stare up at the sky -  But turn back home, with a frown on my face, Clouds blocking stars, showing wry.  Every morning, I peek out the window  To marvel at the sea above - But turn away, losing hope,  Cotton figures, masking what I love.  Every time I see the clouds,  I curse them, with all might,  They don't deserve to be up there,  Ruining the bright days and starry nights.  And one day, the clouds finally went away,  And I stargazed in much peace.  But suddenly, the sky felt a bit empty -  Although dotted by the stars, without fake fleece. In the mornings, the sun burnt the pavements -  And something inside me missed watching  The white shapes that merrily float past -  I didn't realise they had much meaning.  Though much couldn't be seen, they brought A wholesome feeling - that you probably can't see -  You only can, when one day,  The clouds decide t...

Thunder & Lightning

Lightning is that which intimidates,  But thunder is that which wishes  To follow lightning.  That is to say,  Thunder follows lightning's path,  But reaches a different destination.  But thunder can be far more intimidating -  You don't need to see it to believe it.  But aren't we told to not blindly believe  Whatever we hear?  For all we know, the "thunder" we heard,  Could just be the bark of a very large dog.  But lightning is something we see - But can we believe everything we see?  Perhaps the lightning is just  The lights, somewhere in the sky  Fluctuating.  But if we can't rely on thunder  Or lightning  What if they're both played together?  Though thunder always follows,  Never leads or walks beside,  Surely, we can believe  If we see it, and hear it.  But how great could the coincidences be?  No, to believe it, you must feel it -  And not just a mere ink...

What it really feels like, being indecisive.

  Let's get started.  Pick the next line:  You mean I need to choose?  You'll do just fine -  That is NOT true -  Whatever, pick the next -  I CANNOT DECIDE .  I mean why not?  That's my flawed side.  Oh, ambiguous, are we?  Sure, just pick a line for me. Is this turning into a poem?  It better be!  Why can't you decide on one answer?  What if one is better than the next?  Don't think too much about possible blunders -  That is exactly why I fret.  You can't not have an opinion -  But that's how it is.  You should really change -  It's not my fault I'm indecisive.  Think about it, I'm used to heat, but at the moment  I can use some cool But I can survive in the Sahara if I have to But I'll suffer in cold rooms, I might even solidify  But now, the heat is a bit hard to bear  But I'm afraid, the AC might get too extreme -  ALRIGHT, I understand, it's pretty hard to ...