Skip to main content

Harry Potter: The Brave or The Blockhead?

"The Boy Who Lived", as they say,

Why was Harry Potter the prey?

And how did he survive his predator?

Are the secrets known, or are still undercover?


Harry Potter, the "valiant", the "brave",

How many people did he actually save?

Was he even really that significant?

Or was he just someone with unwise exuberance?


He was one with courage, I'd agree, of course,

But I'll tell you why he's not in Ravenclaw,

He's filled with nonsensical mindsets,

And dangerous ideas that can make one fret.


Was he as powerful as we were told he was?

I believe it's not real and thus,

I shall conclude that Harry Potter, however,

Is not the figure we all imagine.


But let me stop you right here,

Before you threaten me to boot me with fear,

Harry Potter was famous not because of his power,

But the protection from his mother, just an extra layer.


But Harry Potter was a daredevil, venturous boy,

He showcased personalities none could show or tell,

And he won victory against Voldemort's ploys,

He didn't murder him; but reversed Voldy's spell.


So in the end, in the actual conclusion, 

Harry Potter was doughty and gallant,

But Harry Potter will, always, be,

The most unwise, rash yet a person who is valiant.






Comments

  1. Your review about the character Harry Potter and the write up shows your deep involvement in reading the novel Harry Potter. Good attempt Shriyandhaa. I have not read the book but I can understand from your review and thoughts the the Hero is having different personalities. Thank you for the review
    From
    Pushpa Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up

    Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Pushkala. Honestly I have not read Harry Potter. But that movie created a big sensation for many years. I remember Pushpa paati say... some years back, Shriyandha loves Harry Potter and she had read all the volumes".No doubt you have done a great job 👍
    Best wishes to you🎈🎉❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes he is a bundle of valour, temperamental, studious, honoring friendship, sympathiser of Toby and elves..... Having all the traits of a normal human. Well articulated

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true !!! This is why my least fave character is Harry. He always needs help from others to do anything !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww!! You broke my heart with this poem , Shriyan!! 💔 let me see if I can make you see things a little differently!

    In chemistry , there’s a concept of ‘activation energy’. You take any chemical reaction , for any changes to start occurring, Activation Energy needs to be provided. In case of photosynthesis , it is the sunlight; in some cases you have to manually stir the reactants in order for them to move and break the bonds they have and thereby start reacting. True, Harry did take loads of help from people at various junctures, but what he did was - provide the ‘activation energy’ to bring about a change. He seeded the ideas directly or indirectly in most cases for people to then build upon and take care of the execution part. That was his core strength. In a few cases , even constantly lamenting about a few things worked out as the initial seeding to set things in motion!

    It is very good to see that you are able to bring forth a point after reading the story, assimilating it and then forming your own conclusion! That is the process that kick starts thought leadership in people ! You are sure to go places da kanna!

    Loads of love to you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clouded

  Every night, I bring myself  To stare up at the sky -  But turn back home, with a frown on my face, Clouds blocking stars, showing wry.  Every morning, I peek out the window  To marvel at the sea above - But turn away, losing hope,  Cotton figures, masking what I love.  Every time I see the clouds,  I curse them, with all might,  They don't deserve to be up there,  Ruining the bright days and starry nights.  And one day, the clouds finally went away,  And I stargazed in much peace.  But suddenly, the sky felt a bit empty -  Although dotted by the stars, without fake fleece. In the mornings, the sun burnt the pavements -  And something inside me missed watching  The white shapes that merrily float past -  I didn't realise they had much meaning.  Though much couldn't be seen, they brought A wholesome feeling - that you probably can't see -  You only can, when one day,  The clouds decide t...

Thunder & Lightning

Lightning is that which intimidates,  But thunder is that which wishes  To follow lightning.  That is to say,  Thunder follows lightning's path,  But reaches a different destination.  But thunder can be far more intimidating -  You don't need to see it to believe it.  But aren't we told to not blindly believe  Whatever we hear?  For all we know, the "thunder" we heard,  Could just be the bark of a very large dog.  But lightning is something we see - But can we believe everything we see?  Perhaps the lightning is just  The lights, somewhere in the sky  Fluctuating.  But if we can't rely on thunder  Or lightning  What if they're both played together?  Though thunder always follows,  Never leads or walks beside,  Surely, we can believe  If we see it, and hear it.  But how great could the coincidences be?  No, to believe it, you must feel it -  And not just a mere ink...

What it really feels like, being indecisive.

  Let's get started.  Pick the next line:  You mean I need to choose?  You'll do just fine -  That is NOT true -  Whatever, pick the next -  I CANNOT DECIDE .  I mean why not?  That's my flawed side.  Oh, ambiguous, are we?  Sure, just pick a line for me. Is this turning into a poem?  It better be!  Why can't you decide on one answer?  What if one is better than the next?  Don't think too much about possible blunders -  That is exactly why I fret.  You can't not have an opinion -  But that's how it is.  You should really change -  It's not my fault I'm indecisive.  Think about it, I'm used to heat, but at the moment  I can use some cool But I can survive in the Sahara if I have to But I'll suffer in cold rooms, I might even solidify  But now, the heat is a bit hard to bear  But I'm afraid, the AC might get too extreme -  ALRIGHT, I understand, it's pretty hard to ...