Skip to main content

Primary

  Today I'm writing about a huge change that has probably (Definitely) changed my whole life.


School might not be my most favourite thing to do, but it's something I like doing. Mainly because I can be around the company of my friends. My school has 3 blocks - Kindergarten, Primary, and Middle School/High School. My most favourite block of my school is the Primary block, where it is vibrant with colours, bright with light and punctuated by the cheers of children.


Kindergarten is cool too, but Primary is better as it balances ages. It is both bright and serious - but not as serious as you'd think.


The Middle School/High School block is DEFINETELY the gloomiest block I've ever been to. It's not as bright as Primary, but actually, it's not even bright at all. But that's just the outside of it. The inside is pretty cool, with teachers of all kinds, and much more opportunities than that of Primary.


But Primary has its own unique sort of popularity. In first grade, you get to do whatever you wish, with a pinch of seriousness added to it. It's colourful, bright and cheerful there, along with the happy squeals and sounds of playful children.


Second grade is where you have loads of fun, but study along with that too. But obviously, fun is more there too! 


Third grade balances both studies and fun equally. It's like you're people who have the most fun in the whole world, but you also have to maintain your smart brain. But nevertheless, the place has a cheerful atmosphere.


Fourth grade is the first step to having more study time than play. You might have to work harder than usual, but still, the joy and exhilarated aura never leaves.


Fifth grade might be my favourite. Yes, it's the final grade of Primary, and it might involve loads and loads of studying, but still, for me, it felt like home. When you study, the Sun's invitation to come play lingers in the air. Once you've worked hard, you're rewarded with time to roam and run and relax, and have fun on the whole. 


And Fridays are super special in Primary (and KG), since you get to wear colourful outfits on that day. The block errupts with vibrant hues and shades of different colours. 


In Middle School, you aren't allowed to wear coloured outfits. And leisure time is considerably and very less. But it also has its own perks, like, you have access to the whole campus (excluding a few rooms restricted to the staff). You can take part in fun club activities, and during PT, you can use better and more equipment.


But let me just say that Middle School didn't win.


Today, I visited the Primary block, and it felt like I was part of it again. It was bright, with freshly painted walls, and each classroom emitting joyful vibes, each staffroom giving an irresistible invitation, each teacher flashing warm smiles, each corridor with playful trouble and adventures waiting. I was half thinking not to leave! But somehow, my friends pulled me back to my classroom.


Maybe Middle School does have lots more for me, and I haven't just seen it yet. So you all must be thinking, "Don't jump to conclusions!" But I'm afraid I might have to. I don't think I'll ever ever EVER change my mind that Primary is the best block in the whole school.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clouded

  Every night, I bring myself  To stare up at the sky -  But turn back home, with a frown on my face, Clouds blocking stars, showing wry.  Every morning, I peek out the window  To marvel at the sea above - But turn away, losing hope,  Cotton figures, masking what I love.  Every time I see the clouds,  I curse them, with all might,  They don't deserve to be up there,  Ruining the bright days and starry nights.  And one day, the clouds finally went away,  And I stargazed in much peace.  But suddenly, the sky felt a bit empty -  Although dotted by the stars, without fake fleece. In the mornings, the sun burnt the pavements -  And something inside me missed watching  The white shapes that merrily float past -  I didn't realise they had much meaning.  Though much couldn't be seen, they brought A wholesome feeling - that you probably can't see -  You only can, when one day,  The clouds decide t...

Thunder & Lightning

Lightning is that which intimidates,  But thunder is that which wishes  To follow lightning.  That is to say,  Thunder follows lightning's path,  But reaches a different destination.  But thunder can be far more intimidating -  You don't need to see it to believe it.  But aren't we told to not blindly believe  Whatever we hear?  For all we know, the "thunder" we heard,  Could just be the bark of a very large dog.  But lightning is something we see - But can we believe everything we see?  Perhaps the lightning is just  The lights, somewhere in the sky  Fluctuating.  But if we can't rely on thunder  Or lightning  What if they're both played together?  Though thunder always follows,  Never leads or walks beside,  Surely, we can believe  If we see it, and hear it.  But how great could the coincidences be?  No, to believe it, you must feel it -  And not just a mere ink...

What it really feels like, being indecisive.

  Let's get started.  Pick the next line:  You mean I need to choose?  You'll do just fine -  That is NOT true -  Whatever, pick the next -  I CANNOT DECIDE .  I mean why not?  That's my flawed side.  Oh, ambiguous, are we?  Sure, just pick a line for me. Is this turning into a poem?  It better be!  Why can't you decide on one answer?  What if one is better than the next?  Don't think too much about possible blunders -  That is exactly why I fret.  You can't not have an opinion -  But that's how it is.  You should really change -  It's not my fault I'm indecisive.  Think about it, I'm used to heat, but at the moment  I can use some cool But I can survive in the Sahara if I have to But I'll suffer in cold rooms, I might even solidify  But now, the heat is a bit hard to bear  But I'm afraid, the AC might get too extreme -  ALRIGHT, I understand, it's pretty hard to ...