Skip to main content

Change

 When you don't want something to happen, something to be real, you try your best to forget about it.

But you can't.

Because if you can, you wouldn't wish it wasn't real so bad.

So you'd try to bury it.

But you can't do that, either.

Because you care about it.

Sometimes you might have to accept the fact that it has changed. 

Sometimes you might have to keep the old memories and move on.

Sometimes you might have to let it go.

But sometimes, you can stop it from changing.

But that is VERY rare.


Every time your mind wanders down that dangerous path, you try your best to waft it away.

You're scared of it.

You're sad about it.

Upset.

Angry.

But it's up to you to express it in a not so harsh way, which will make you feel better.

Which is what I'm doing now.


But, maybe not all changes have to upset you.

Sure, you'll regret it at first, but you might actually like it more than the last.

But even if you don't, that's okay. Because you can create more new changes which will make you happy, or maybe even happier. Even if it means you'll have to let go of the old one.


Comments

  1. Very very interesting write up. Fight between mind and heart written in an abstract way. May be very fact finding one. Pure thoughts beautifully expressed. Very good.

    Babu Thaths

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual a positive ending with good message. An analytical poem. Make us think a lot.
    Super Shriyandhaa
    From Pushpa Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reading....I am just awestruck about a child's understanding of life 🙏 good message for young and old .....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clouded

  Every night, I bring myself  To stare up at the sky -  But turn back home, with a frown on my face, Clouds blocking stars, showing wry.  Every morning, I peek out the window  To marvel at the sea above - But turn away, losing hope,  Cotton figures, masking what I love.  Every time I see the clouds,  I curse them, with all might,  They don't deserve to be up there,  Ruining the bright days and starry nights.  And one day, the clouds finally went away,  And I stargazed in much peace.  But suddenly, the sky felt a bit empty -  Although dotted by the stars, without fake fleece. In the mornings, the sun burnt the pavements -  And something inside me missed watching  The white shapes that merrily float past -  I didn't realise they had much meaning.  Though much couldn't be seen, they brought A wholesome feeling - that you probably can't see -  You only can, when one day,  The clouds decide t...

What it really feels like, being indecisive.

  Let's get started.  Pick the next line:  You mean I need to choose?  You'll do just fine -  That is NOT true -  Whatever, pick the next -  I CANNOT DECIDE .  I mean why not?  That's my flawed side.  Oh, ambiguous, are we?  Sure, just pick a line for me. Is this turning into a poem?  It better be!  Why can't you decide on one answer?  What if one is better than the next?  Don't think too much about possible blunders -  That is exactly why I fret.  You can't not have an opinion -  But that's how it is.  You should really change -  It's not my fault I'm indecisive.  Think about it, I'm used to heat, but at the moment  I can use some cool But I can survive in the Sahara if I have to But I'll suffer in cold rooms, I might even solidify  But now, the heat is a bit hard to bear  But I'm afraid, the AC might get too extreme -  ALRIGHT, I understand, it's pretty hard to ...

Thunder & Lightning

Lightning is that which intimidates,  But thunder is that which wishes  To follow lightning.  That is to say,  Thunder follows lightning's path,  But reaches a different destination.  But thunder can be far more intimidating -  You don't need to see it to believe it.  But aren't we told to not blindly believe  Whatever we hear?  For all we know, the "thunder" we heard,  Could just be the bark of a very large dog.  But lightning is something we see - But can we believe everything we see?  Perhaps the lightning is just  The lights, somewhere in the sky  Fluctuating.  But if we can't rely on thunder  Or lightning  What if they're both played together?  Though thunder always follows,  Never leads or walks beside,  Surely, we can believe  If we see it, and hear it.  But how great could the coincidences be?  No, to believe it, you must feel it -  And not just a mere ink...