Skip to main content

The Neverending Time

 And then you're here again.


At the start of the post, where a new world unfurls

And as it does, time starts to uncurl,

Ticking away slowly, never does it stop,

Ticking in your ears, until your brain pops.


Each time you come to this website,

You arrive at a new start.

Where new time is there to bother you,

There to tear you apart.


You may disappear, 

But time never does,

Once it starts, it can't stop, 

Like  this post because,


Well, I'll leave you to it, 

To finish reading this poem,

So that you can start again,

And maybe never go home.

Now that you're almost at the end,

I suggest you exit now itself to avoid any pain.

Because you're about to encounter this  surprising bend...

(Scroll up)

Comments

  1. Time poem is good. Keep it up.
    Nice to see different poem.

    Babu thatha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shriyannnnn!!! You have mastered the art of circle poems at this young age ! To come up with a poem which whose ends can be threaded and at the same time , does not lose its coherence takes a lot of maturity and skill!! Way to go kannama!!! Bring ‘em on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I am loving the way that you have tethered the poem to the concept of time - it goes round and round as well ! My mind = blown!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clouded

  Every night, I bring myself  To stare up at the sky -  But turn back home, with a frown on my face, Clouds blocking stars, showing wry.  Every morning, I peek out the window  To marvel at the sea above - But turn away, losing hope,  Cotton figures, masking what I love.  Every time I see the clouds,  I curse them, with all might,  They don't deserve to be up there,  Ruining the bright days and starry nights.  And one day, the clouds finally went away,  And I stargazed in much peace.  But suddenly, the sky felt a bit empty -  Although dotted by the stars, without fake fleece. In the mornings, the sun burnt the pavements -  And something inside me missed watching  The white shapes that merrily float past -  I didn't realise they had much meaning.  Though much couldn't be seen, they brought A wholesome feeling - that you probably can't see -  You only can, when one day,  The clouds decide t...

What it really feels like, being indecisive.

  Let's get started.  Pick the next line:  You mean I need to choose?  You'll do just fine -  That is NOT true -  Whatever, pick the next -  I CANNOT DECIDE .  I mean why not?  That's my flawed side.  Oh, ambiguous, are we?  Sure, just pick a line for me. Is this turning into a poem?  It better be!  Why can't you decide on one answer?  What if one is better than the next?  Don't think too much about possible blunders -  That is exactly why I fret.  You can't not have an opinion -  But that's how it is.  You should really change -  It's not my fault I'm indecisive.  Think about it, I'm used to heat, but at the moment  I can use some cool But I can survive in the Sahara if I have to But I'll suffer in cold rooms, I might even solidify  But now, the heat is a bit hard to bear  But I'm afraid, the AC might get too extreme -  ALRIGHT, I understand, it's pretty hard to ...

Thunder & Lightning

Lightning is that which intimidates,  But thunder is that which wishes  To follow lightning.  That is to say,  Thunder follows lightning's path,  But reaches a different destination.  But thunder can be far more intimidating -  You don't need to see it to believe it.  But aren't we told to not blindly believe  Whatever we hear?  For all we know, the "thunder" we heard,  Could just be the bark of a very large dog.  But lightning is something we see - But can we believe everything we see?  Perhaps the lightning is just  The lights, somewhere in the sky  Fluctuating.  But if we can't rely on thunder  Or lightning  What if they're both played together?  Though thunder always follows,  Never leads or walks beside,  Surely, we can believe  If we see it, and hear it.  But how great could the coincidences be?  No, to believe it, you must feel it -  And not just a mere ink...