Skip to main content

Things I Like to Hear My Mom Say

 Even when I overcome the tiniest of tiny scrapes, I feel the need to obsess over it. And, by nature, the first thing I do is whine, and moan, to my mom about how PAINFUL it is. And oh, how VERY satisfying it is to hear her say: "It'll heal soon."


Every morning, as soon as I wake up, I waddle towards my mom, half-asleep, expecting my every-morning hug, with a few kisses and praises. And only because of her sweet, bright, happy voice filling my mind do I wake completely. It is SO wonderful hearing her say: "Goodmorning sweetheart, silver, gold, diamond!"


Each time my sister hurts me, or each time I get scolded by someone else, the only thing I want to do is go running towards my mom, complain to her about all my problems and hear her say: "Don't you worry now, I'll handle them!"


I love showing any of my work to my mom. Regardless of how good or bad it is. It just feels right to show it to her. And yes, of course she's the person I'll show my work to first! And it's such a humongous relief having to hear her say: "That's fantastic! I love it."


I love taking up the newspaper and gawking at phone advertisements, sales and offers and other such things. It must be very weird and silly asking my dad to buy those stuff, but even though I know he won't, I just like asking him. And it just feels good to know that my mom's just like me, asking my dad to buy stuff even though she knows it won't happen. But anyways, it's just nice hearing her say: "I totally agree with Shriyandhaa. We should DEFINITELY buy that!"


During small arguments in our house, my mom is usually the only one to side with me. And when I'm giving details on why what I have to talk about is important, I'd like to hear my mom agree with me. And at that moment, nothing's as calming or hopeful as hearing my mom say: "I know, right? I agree with Shriyandhaa."


Other than hearing her say things: I LOVE seeing her smiling, hearing her laughing, and getting strangled by her hugs. I love knowing that she's happy, and I love having her as a mom.

Comments

  1. Nice to know about your mom through your way of expressing.Good relationship between mom and daughter always a gift. Continue your writings as it is enjoyable

    From Pushpa Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! Chella kutti!! Such a nice write up about your Amma!! Your mom truly does brighten up any room she is in! May this daughter-mommy duo always remain happy, content and prosperous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The subject about which you wrote is always happens in all Houses. It is not new. But your presentation is wonderful. Keep writing. Good. I would like you to write some instances linked and conclude it with a humorous touch.ok

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clouded

  Every night, I bring myself  To stare up at the sky -  But turn back home, with a frown on my face, Clouds blocking stars, showing wry.  Every morning, I peek out the window  To marvel at the sea above - But turn away, losing hope,  Cotton figures, masking what I love.  Every time I see the clouds,  I curse them, with all might,  They don't deserve to be up there,  Ruining the bright days and starry nights.  And one day, the clouds finally went away,  And I stargazed in much peace.  But suddenly, the sky felt a bit empty -  Although dotted by the stars, without fake fleece. In the mornings, the sun burnt the pavements -  And something inside me missed watching  The white shapes that merrily float past -  I didn't realise they had much meaning.  Though much couldn't be seen, they brought A wholesome feeling - that you probably can't see -  You only can, when one day,  The clouds decide t...

What it really feels like, being indecisive.

  Let's get started.  Pick the next line:  You mean I need to choose?  You'll do just fine -  That is NOT true -  Whatever, pick the next -  I CANNOT DECIDE .  I mean why not?  That's my flawed side.  Oh, ambiguous, are we?  Sure, just pick a line for me. Is this turning into a poem?  It better be!  Why can't you decide on one answer?  What if one is better than the next?  Don't think too much about possible blunders -  That is exactly why I fret.  You can't not have an opinion -  But that's how it is.  You should really change -  It's not my fault I'm indecisive.  Think about it, I'm used to heat, but at the moment  I can use some cool But I can survive in the Sahara if I have to But I'll suffer in cold rooms, I might even solidify  But now, the heat is a bit hard to bear  But I'm afraid, the AC might get too extreme -  ALRIGHT, I understand, it's pretty hard to ...

Thunder & Lightning

Lightning is that which intimidates,  But thunder is that which wishes  To follow lightning.  That is to say,  Thunder follows lightning's path,  But reaches a different destination.  But thunder can be far more intimidating -  You don't need to see it to believe it.  But aren't we told to not blindly believe  Whatever we hear?  For all we know, the "thunder" we heard,  Could just be the bark of a very large dog.  But lightning is something we see - But can we believe everything we see?  Perhaps the lightning is just  The lights, somewhere in the sky  Fluctuating.  But if we can't rely on thunder  Or lightning  What if they're both played together?  Though thunder always follows,  Never leads or walks beside,  Surely, we can believe  If we see it, and hear it.  But how great could the coincidences be?  No, to believe it, you must feel it -  And not just a mere ink...