Skip to main content

Golu - Season 3 - Ep. 4

 Ep. 4 - Kanakadhara Story


Hello everyone! Welcome back to the 3rd Season of the Golu Series! 


Today, Goddess Lakshmi's days will be starting, and as a special post, I will post the story of Kanakadhara Stotram.




So, we all know Adi Shankara don't we? So once upon a time, when He was a young Boy, He was doing biksha vandanam down the streets (sanyasis had to do that). He stopped by an poor woman's hut. She had nothing but a small amla.  She knew she had to give at least something, so she gave away the amla. 


Adi Shankara noticed this and recited a sloka called the Kanakadhara Stotram (He was the one who composed it). As He recited, Maha Lakshmi was moved by Adi Shankara's grace and Bhakthi towards God. Lakshmi, as a result blessed the poor lady with a downpour of gold (She made her rich). So, Lakshmi will shower those who recite the Kanakadhara Stotram with Her blessings.


So that's all!

And that's it for this episode!

Tune in tomorrow for more Golu Episodes!


Bye!


P.S - Hope you saw the answers of the last episode's quiz!..



Comments

  1. Actually I know the kanakadhara storm. But what you wrote was amazing and different
    By ( unknown)
    Just kidding . I am your cousin Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Shriyandhaa. You are very good in writing religious stories. You can write about baktha prahaladha, Dhuruvan, Krishna leelas and all.you can try. Ok.
    Babu Thatha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aptly you have choosen the story behind the Kanaka Dhara slokam today being Mahalakshmi day in Navarathri. The composer Shri Adi Shankaracharya dedicated Bhakthi and concern about the poor is good quality of a human which every one should have. You have given a good message Shriyandhaa. God bless you.
    From
    Pushpa patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. The story u wrote about Kanakadhara is very excellent. Keep it my dear God will always help u in all ur further and future activites .Anbudan Viji Patto

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clouded

  Every night, I bring myself  To stare up at the sky -  But turn back home, with a frown on my face, Clouds blocking stars, showing wry.  Every morning, I peek out the window  To marvel at the sea above - But turn away, losing hope,  Cotton figures, masking what I love.  Every time I see the clouds,  I curse them, with all might,  They don't deserve to be up there,  Ruining the bright days and starry nights.  And one day, the clouds finally went away,  And I stargazed in much peace.  But suddenly, the sky felt a bit empty -  Although dotted by the stars, without fake fleece. In the mornings, the sun burnt the pavements -  And something inside me missed watching  The white shapes that merrily float past -  I didn't realise they had much meaning.  Though much couldn't be seen, they brought A wholesome feeling - that you probably can't see -  You only can, when one day,  The clouds decide t...

What it really feels like, being indecisive.

  Let's get started.  Pick the next line:  You mean I need to choose?  You'll do just fine -  That is NOT true -  Whatever, pick the next -  I CANNOT DECIDE .  I mean why not?  That's my flawed side.  Oh, ambiguous, are we?  Sure, just pick a line for me. Is this turning into a poem?  It better be!  Why can't you decide on one answer?  What if one is better than the next?  Don't think too much about possible blunders -  That is exactly why I fret.  You can't not have an opinion -  But that's how it is.  You should really change -  It's not my fault I'm indecisive.  Think about it, I'm used to heat, but at the moment  I can use some cool But I can survive in the Sahara if I have to But I'll suffer in cold rooms, I might even solidify  But now, the heat is a bit hard to bear  But I'm afraid, the AC might get too extreme -  ALRIGHT, I understand, it's pretty hard to ...

Thunder & Lightning

Lightning is that which intimidates,  But thunder is that which wishes  To follow lightning.  That is to say,  Thunder follows lightning's path,  But reaches a different destination.  But thunder can be far more intimidating -  You don't need to see it to believe it.  But aren't we told to not blindly believe  Whatever we hear?  For all we know, the "thunder" we heard,  Could just be the bark of a very large dog.  But lightning is something we see - But can we believe everything we see?  Perhaps the lightning is just  The lights, somewhere in the sky  Fluctuating.  But if we can't rely on thunder  Or lightning  What if they're both played together?  Though thunder always follows,  Never leads or walks beside,  Surely, we can believe  If we see it, and hear it.  But how great could the coincidences be?  No, to believe it, you must feel it -  And not just a mere ink...