Skip to main content

The Man Who's Ears Grew


There was once a boy named Eary. He had very tiny ears, almost as tiny as a seed. But when Eary grew, his ears where still so small, now smaller than an ant, and probably in the future will be as small as..... something smaller than an ant, I should say, because I don't think there is something smaller than an ant.

On day, Eary went on an amusing field trip with his friends. He went to a science lab.

 They first passed the hallroom, though science labs shouldn't have one.
Then they passed the tool room, which was filled with all sorts of tools.
Next, they passed the chemical room, where the Scientists stored their chemicals. Eary gazed at the colourful chemicals, as his class went to the next room.

Eary was so satisfied by the colour of each chemical. One shined with yellow spots, one glittered with blue bubbles, one shimmered as ripples formed, and one was fizzling so loudly that even Eary's tiny ears found it so loud to bear. 

He stared at the green chemical, which was still fizzling. "Maybe it'll make my ears grow," he thought. He quietly opened it up, and drank it slowly, until only a smidge of it was left. His ears started growing gently. "Hooray!" Cried Eary. But after a moment, Eary's Ears where now reaching his neck! "Maybe I drank too much!" Eary said. He quietly ran away back home.

After many years with Eary's big ears, Eary was a handsome and smart man. But one fine day, Eary's ears were reaching Eary's hands! 

Eary tried to cut them off, but he cut his shirt instead. Eary gave up, and planned to stay inside until his ears shrunk.

Many years later, Eary was an old man with a big beard as big as his ears which were now reaching his toes. Eary wasn't able to bear it any more, so, he went to a scientist.

The scientist didn't have any knowledge in chemicals or scientific things, though he was a scientist. He was just an ordinary man who called himself a scientist. Eary told the scientist about his problem, and the scientist listened to Eary, mind blank.

The scientist went off to a nearby science lab to borrow chemicals, and emptied all the shelves. He was back soon, his hands carrying 8 baskets with 46 bottles of chemicals.

He then put all the chemicals into a huge cauldron, and mixed them up. But, to his astonishment, the mixed chemicals rised, and stopped at the brim of the cauldron. The scientist took a little droplet of the potion, leaving probably a gazillion of droplets behind in the cauldron. He then handed the bottle with the droplet to Eary and requested him to drink it.

It was first hard for Eary as it was a droplet at the bottom of a container, but then the droplet slowly slid down and it entered Eary's mouth. Eary swallowed the droplet, and with some hysterical movement, started shrinking. He shrank and shrank and shrank and shrunk till he was no bigger than a Tardigrade (smallest animal - we can't see it because it is too tiny). But his Ears still were as big as a cow, and grew bigger, and bigger, and bigger that the house of the scientist exploded.

Embarrassed, Eary ran away to a faraway land where no one else lived and found inner peace. But his ears still remained gigantic...



Comments

  1. Eary ear very scary to think.your imagination in writing such type of storry is extraordinary Shriyandhaa . Super.
    From Pushpa patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Eary story is fine imagination. Excellent. Hope your imagination vary further and bring glory to one and all ! Don't worry you will win prizes and come out with flying colours in futur! No hurry ! Keep it up

    From Babu Thatha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clouded

  Every night, I bring myself  To stare up at the sky -  But turn back home, with a frown on my face, Clouds blocking stars, showing wry.  Every morning, I peek out the window  To marvel at the sea above - But turn away, losing hope,  Cotton figures, masking what I love.  Every time I see the clouds,  I curse them, with all might,  They don't deserve to be up there,  Ruining the bright days and starry nights.  And one day, the clouds finally went away,  And I stargazed in much peace.  But suddenly, the sky felt a bit empty -  Although dotted by the stars, without fake fleece. In the mornings, the sun burnt the pavements -  And something inside me missed watching  The white shapes that merrily float past -  I didn't realise they had much meaning.  Though much couldn't be seen, they brought A wholesome feeling - that you probably can't see -  You only can, when one day,  The clouds decide t...

Thunder & Lightning

Lightning is that which intimidates,  But thunder is that which wishes  To follow lightning.  That is to say,  Thunder follows lightning's path,  But reaches a different destination.  But thunder can be far more intimidating -  You don't need to see it to believe it.  But aren't we told to not blindly believe  Whatever we hear?  For all we know, the "thunder" we heard,  Could just be the bark of a very large dog.  But lightning is something we see - But can we believe everything we see?  Perhaps the lightning is just  The lights, somewhere in the sky  Fluctuating.  But if we can't rely on thunder  Or lightning  What if they're both played together?  Though thunder always follows,  Never leads or walks beside,  Surely, we can believe  If we see it, and hear it.  But how great could the coincidences be?  No, to believe it, you must feel it -  And not just a mere ink...

What it really feels like, being indecisive.

  Let's get started.  Pick the next line:  You mean I need to choose?  You'll do just fine -  That is NOT true -  Whatever, pick the next -  I CANNOT DECIDE .  I mean why not?  That's my flawed side.  Oh, ambiguous, are we?  Sure, just pick a line for me. Is this turning into a poem?  It better be!  Why can't you decide on one answer?  What if one is better than the next?  Don't think too much about possible blunders -  That is exactly why I fret.  You can't not have an opinion -  But that's how it is.  You should really change -  It's not my fault I'm indecisive.  Think about it, I'm used to heat, but at the moment  I can use some cool But I can survive in the Sahara if I have to But I'll suffer in cold rooms, I might even solidify  But now, the heat is a bit hard to bear  But I'm afraid, the AC might get too extreme -  ALRIGHT, I understand, it's pretty hard to ...