Skip to main content

The Solar System - And details

 We all know that we live in Planet Earth. But have you ever wondered, where is this Earth? Yes, we all know that the Earth is in Outer Space. 


Now, we live in houses and streets which have specific names. But if Earth lives somewhere, the place it lives in should have a name, right? The Earth lives in its house, which is known as the Solar System. It lives in the street known as Milky Way Galaxy, or Akash Ganga (Indian name). 


We have our family by our side, at our home, but have you ever wondered, does the Earth have a family?

Yes, quite so. It has one twin, 6 cousins and one grandfather:

Twin Mars 

Cousin Mercury 

Cousin Venus 

Cousin Jupiter 

Cousin Saturn 

Cousin Uranus 

Cousin Neptune 

Grandfather Sun 


As you know, once upon a time, Earth and Mars were identical twins. But Mars didn't like being blue, so he somehow changed himself.


Cousin Mercury, or Mercury, was Sun's first pet.

Cousin Venus, or Venus, was very bright in class (you know what I mean, don't you?).

Cousin Jupiter, or Jupiter, was the biggest of them all, though he was the 4th youngest.

Cousin Saturn, or Saturn, is talented in Ballet. But she also Hoola Hoops.

Cousin Uranus, or Uranus, is always icy cold. Sun is still trying to find out why, but Uranus just won't let him near him.

Cousin Neptune, or Neptune, is so crazy that he spins awkwardly.

Grandfather Sun, or Sun, is very hot, and feeds everyone. He feeds Earth and Mars the right amount, but too much or too less to the others because they are either too close or too far.


These Planets have particular places in their house, you can see it from the diagram below:



The house is kind of awkward, isn't it?

Well, that's because they're planets and not humans.

The Milky Way Galaxy Street has neighbouring streets. Scientists from Earth have made researches and found out that their is a neighbouring Galaxy.... I mean, street, called Andromeda.


Now, if you are such a space nerd, tune in for more Scientific and.... "spacific" posts.

Bye!!

And don't forget that Earth likes eating Oxygen, Nitrogen Carbon dioxide and....

More gases!

P.S - There is a friend called Pluto who lives in the Solar System...... And Earth's closest friend called Moon who keeps lingering near Earth....





Comments

  1. Super explanation about Galaxy shriyandhaa. Very interesting to read. Your imagination is un imaginable. Great writing with a comparison with family and it's relationship like cousin etc. I could easily understand now about Galaxy. Thank you so much . Keep writing.
    From Pushpa patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super write up. Your imagination on solar system is wonderful.good. keep it up. Fine. Wonderful.
    Babu Thatha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Good piece of information

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clouded

  Every night, I bring myself  To stare up at the sky -  But turn back home, with a frown on my face, Clouds blocking stars, showing wry.  Every morning, I peek out the window  To marvel at the sea above - But turn away, losing hope,  Cotton figures, masking what I love.  Every time I see the clouds,  I curse them, with all might,  They don't deserve to be up there,  Ruining the bright days and starry nights.  And one day, the clouds finally went away,  And I stargazed in much peace.  But suddenly, the sky felt a bit empty -  Although dotted by the stars, without fake fleece. In the mornings, the sun burnt the pavements -  And something inside me missed watching  The white shapes that merrily float past -  I didn't realise they had much meaning.  Though much couldn't be seen, they brought A wholesome feeling - that you probably can't see -  You only can, when one day,  The clouds decide t...

Thunder & Lightning

Lightning is that which intimidates,  But thunder is that which wishes  To follow lightning.  That is to say,  Thunder follows lightning's path,  But reaches a different destination.  But thunder can be far more intimidating -  You don't need to see it to believe it.  But aren't we told to not blindly believe  Whatever we hear?  For all we know, the "thunder" we heard,  Could just be the bark of a very large dog.  But lightning is something we see - But can we believe everything we see?  Perhaps the lightning is just  The lights, somewhere in the sky  Fluctuating.  But if we can't rely on thunder  Or lightning  What if they're both played together?  Though thunder always follows,  Never leads or walks beside,  Surely, we can believe  If we see it, and hear it.  But how great could the coincidences be?  No, to believe it, you must feel it -  And not just a mere ink...

What it really feels like, being indecisive.

  Let's get started.  Pick the next line:  You mean I need to choose?  You'll do just fine -  That is NOT true -  Whatever, pick the next -  I CANNOT DECIDE .  I mean why not?  That's my flawed side.  Oh, ambiguous, are we?  Sure, just pick a line for me. Is this turning into a poem?  It better be!  Why can't you decide on one answer?  What if one is better than the next?  Don't think too much about possible blunders -  That is exactly why I fret.  You can't not have an opinion -  But that's how it is.  You should really change -  It's not my fault I'm indecisive.  Think about it, I'm used to heat, but at the moment  I can use some cool But I can survive in the Sahara if I have to But I'll suffer in cold rooms, I might even solidify  But now, the heat is a bit hard to bear  But I'm afraid, the AC might get too extreme -  ALRIGHT, I understand, it's pretty hard to ...