Skip to main content

GSB - Chapter 19 & 20 - Using our brains & So, what're the others about?

 

Using our brains

 

We scratched our heads as our mind sent ideas for CCTV Cameras. “Aha! I found the best link in YouTube!” Samhitha said suddenly, proudly, as she poked the send button in Whatsapp. I thought they were very difficult. “So it is!” Said Samhitha, feeling quite disappointed. Then I suddenly smiled at Samhitha!

“Yes! I got it! Yes! Yippee! I got an idea!”

“What idea Di?”

“We can set my old tab on that hook next to our chatting corner, and set a timer for 00:00:00. But we shall not start it. We shall reduce the brightness of the tab. And once the enemy spots it, he will want to grab it. We’ll have the Ear Buds connected. And the enemy will press the screen, and the alarm will beep! We shall rush to our room once we hear it and send our enemy back. I have another idea too. We can have Saketh’s old Smart Watch as our ‘Screen – Time gadget’. We can place it on the balcony grills. We can hang the watch there and start the recording of the video. The video will record all the mischief the enemy had done and we shall soon stop the recording by night. And then we’ll go through the video and scold the enemy for doing such mischief.”

Samhitha was delighted with my plan and shouted, “Hooray! Shriyandhaa saved the day!” I smiled at her. The idea was planned, just a few more left in our pending list. “Phew!” We both said the same time, wiping the sweat away.

 

                            So, what’re the others about?

 

Then my smile lit up once more. I shared my idea with Samhitha.

 

“For the Fancy Pencils we can use a straw and insert our pencil into it. And behind it, we can stick Home Made Pom Poms. And I already have some Ready Made Pom Poms. We can use two Home Made Pom Poms and the others can be Ready Made. Can you please send a video of how to make Pom Poms?”

 

"Yes, of course di. I will, as soon as we finish talking!”

 

“Thank you! Ok, now for the weapons, we can use my Kolatams . One for me, one for you. So two weapons.”

 

“Ok! Now, tell the others, the others, the others!”

 

“Ok, Ok! Don’t shout. So only Pinie’s stroller is left, is it? And that could be that little green teddy bear chair you have. I hope Pinie will feel comfortable in that!”

 

So we both planned all these, so the only eagerness in our mind was that we had to meet and finish everything TOGETHER.

“Only together! I’d only accept that.” Said Samhitha, Joining her hands and praying to God to meet each other. “But I’m sure it’ll take one more year for this stupid Corona to go!” I said, laughing. Samhitha pouted. So after a big discussion, we cut the call and stretched our arms. “Stretchhhhhhh!” I said, as I stretched as hard as I could.




 

Comments

  1. Wonderful writing shriyandhaa. Iam surprised how you get such a flow of English words. It's all due to God's gift. Keep it up shriyandhaa.
    From Pushpa patti

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clouded

  Every night, I bring myself  To stare up at the sky -  But turn back home, with a frown on my face, Clouds blocking stars, showing wry.  Every morning, I peek out the window  To marvel at the sea above - But turn away, losing hope,  Cotton figures, masking what I love.  Every time I see the clouds,  I curse them, with all might,  They don't deserve to be up there,  Ruining the bright days and starry nights.  And one day, the clouds finally went away,  And I stargazed in much peace.  But suddenly, the sky felt a bit empty -  Although dotted by the stars, without fake fleece. In the mornings, the sun burnt the pavements -  And something inside me missed watching  The white shapes that merrily float past -  I didn't realise they had much meaning.  Though much couldn't be seen, they brought A wholesome feeling - that you probably can't see -  You only can, when one day,  The clouds decide t...

Thunder & Lightning

Lightning is that which intimidates,  But thunder is that which wishes  To follow lightning.  That is to say,  Thunder follows lightning's path,  But reaches a different destination.  But thunder can be far more intimidating -  You don't need to see it to believe it.  But aren't we told to not blindly believe  Whatever we hear?  For all we know, the "thunder" we heard,  Could just be the bark of a very large dog.  But lightning is something we see - But can we believe everything we see?  Perhaps the lightning is just  The lights, somewhere in the sky  Fluctuating.  But if we can't rely on thunder  Or lightning  What if they're both played together?  Though thunder always follows,  Never leads or walks beside,  Surely, we can believe  If we see it, and hear it.  But how great could the coincidences be?  No, to believe it, you must feel it -  And not just a mere ink...

What it really feels like, being indecisive.

  Let's get started.  Pick the next line:  You mean I need to choose?  You'll do just fine -  That is NOT true -  Whatever, pick the next -  I CANNOT DECIDE .  I mean why not?  That's my flawed side.  Oh, ambiguous, are we?  Sure, just pick a line for me. Is this turning into a poem?  It better be!  Why can't you decide on one answer?  What if one is better than the next?  Don't think too much about possible blunders -  That is exactly why I fret.  You can't not have an opinion -  But that's how it is.  You should really change -  It's not my fault I'm indecisive.  Think about it, I'm used to heat, but at the moment  I can use some cool But I can survive in the Sahara if I have to But I'll suffer in cold rooms, I might even solidify  But now, the heat is a bit hard to bear  But I'm afraid, the AC might get too extreme -  ALRIGHT, I understand, it's pretty hard to ...