Skip to main content

Andal Perumal




A long time ago, there lived an alwar called Peri Alwar. His job was to put garlands around each lord's neck. One day, a baby was born near a Tulsi plant. Peri Alwar took the baby home and named her Kodai. When Kodai grew up, she loved to listen to the stories of Krishna. One day, Peri Alwar left for the temples to do pooja. He had already did pooja to lord Krishna and put a garland around his neck. Kodai was left home. She felt bored and wanted to talk to Krishna. She asked some questions, "Can you play with me? Can you grant me wishes? And, can you come to me? Please say something!" She said. "If you will not respond I will put your garland on." She put the garland on. Peri Alwar entered the house and was furious to see Kodai putting the garland on. "Take it off!" He shouted. Kodai sadly took it off. Peri Alwar placed a new one. A voice said, "I only want Kodai's garland!" It was Krishna! Kodai and Peri Alwar were shocked. Kodai replaced the garland. Suddenly, Kodai was dressed in a beautiful saree. Peri Alwar said sorry and Kodai and Krishna got married. From that day onwards, Kodai was named, Andal Perumal.🙏


Maargali thingal madi nirainda nanalaam
Neeraada podhume poduminor nerizhayeer
Seer malgum aaipaadi selva chirumeergaal 
Kurvel kodinthozhilan Nanda gopan Kumaran
Eraandha kanee eshodai izhan chingam 
Kaarmeni chengal kathir madiyan 
Pol mugathaan narayanane namake parai tharuvan
Paaror pugazha padindelo rambaavai 

(This sloka was written by Andal, she only wanted to marry krishna and so wrote this sloka.)

Comments

  1. Super Shriyandhaa. Well written. Great. You are really a genius.
    Good job. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iam so happy shriyandhaa to know the story about Andal through your beautiful writing.The Pasuram written by Andal is called Thirupavai.you have given the first Pasuram on this first day of Tamil month margazi- Margazi thingal....
    Very good start. You know Lord Krishna says in Bhagavad Gita "masaanam Margazi"i.e among 12 months iam the Margazi maadam. My blessings to you Shriyandhaa.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clouded

  Every night, I bring myself  To stare up at the sky -  But turn back home, with a frown on my face, Clouds blocking stars, showing wry.  Every morning, I peek out the window  To marvel at the sea above - But turn away, losing hope,  Cotton figures, masking what I love.  Every time I see the clouds,  I curse them, with all might,  They don't deserve to be up there,  Ruining the bright days and starry nights.  And one day, the clouds finally went away,  And I stargazed in much peace.  But suddenly, the sky felt a bit empty -  Although dotted by the stars, without fake fleece. In the mornings, the sun burnt the pavements -  And something inside me missed watching  The white shapes that merrily float past -  I didn't realise they had much meaning.  Though much couldn't be seen, they brought A wholesome feeling - that you probably can't see -  You only can, when one day,  The clouds decide t...

What it really feels like, being indecisive.

  Let's get started.  Pick the next line:  You mean I need to choose?  You'll do just fine -  That is NOT true -  Whatever, pick the next -  I CANNOT DECIDE .  I mean why not?  That's my flawed side.  Oh, ambiguous, are we?  Sure, just pick a line for me. Is this turning into a poem?  It better be!  Why can't you decide on one answer?  What if one is better than the next?  Don't think too much about possible blunders -  That is exactly why I fret.  You can't not have an opinion -  But that's how it is.  You should really change -  It's not my fault I'm indecisive.  Think about it, I'm used to heat, but at the moment  I can use some cool But I can survive in the Sahara if I have to But I'll suffer in cold rooms, I might even solidify  But now, the heat is a bit hard to bear  But I'm afraid, the AC might get too extreme -  ALRIGHT, I understand, it's pretty hard to ...

Thunder & Lightning

Lightning is that which intimidates,  But thunder is that which wishes  To follow lightning.  That is to say,  Thunder follows lightning's path,  But reaches a different destination.  But thunder can be far more intimidating -  You don't need to see it to believe it.  But aren't we told to not blindly believe  Whatever we hear?  For all we know, the "thunder" we heard,  Could just be the bark of a very large dog.  But lightning is something we see - But can we believe everything we see?  Perhaps the lightning is just  The lights, somewhere in the sky  Fluctuating.  But if we can't rely on thunder  Or lightning  What if they're both played together?  Though thunder always follows,  Never leads or walks beside,  Surely, we can believe  If we see it, and hear it.  But how great could the coincidences be?  No, to believe it, you must feel it -  And not just a mere ink...