Skip to main content

mirror of the past - 6 years

 A mirror. 

When peered at, you see yourself, 

Looking back just as intently. 

There are fun mirrors, 

Mirrors that make you skinny, 

Mirrors that make you warped, 

Mirrors that obscure you.

A mirror that shows your past, 

Is one where you reflect on how much you've changed. 

You already know what's on the other side. 

You know where the cracks and crevices are. 

You know where it could be polished, 

But remains untouched. 

This is my mirror to the past. 

It's been six years, 

Of rambling, writing and reflecting. 

It started out as childish stories, 

Became rhyming fun, 

Random write-ups, 

Amateur poetry, 

Currently at free verses. 

Where am I headed to next?

Comments

  1. Very nice.Keep going.Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Shriyan!! Keep going

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Shriyandhaa. As you grow your blog also grows taking a beautiful shape. My blessings and prayers for you that your writings reaches the Himalayan height and useful in creating a good healthy society.
    From
    Pushpa patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep rocking. Best way to be fresh is to write something. May be a poem or story. But our emotions are to come out in any form. That's the best way

    Babu Thatha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent. Your thoughts are also growing with you beautifully. Keep . You going. You will touch great heights. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice Shriyandhaa....You have ended as...'Where am I headed to next'...You are heading to various ways of writing to pen down your thoughts and you have a great potential....Keep writing and improvising that would bring out the best in you...God bless you dear..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent da Chellam. You are heading towards a bright, wonderful future. Best wishes to you 💐From pushkala

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clouded

  Every night, I bring myself  To stare up at the sky -  But turn back home, with a frown on my face, Clouds blocking stars, showing wry.  Every morning, I peek out the window  To marvel at the sea above - But turn away, losing hope,  Cotton figures, masking what I love.  Every time I see the clouds,  I curse them, with all might,  They don't deserve to be up there,  Ruining the bright days and starry nights.  And one day, the clouds finally went away,  And I stargazed in much peace.  But suddenly, the sky felt a bit empty -  Although dotted by the stars, without fake fleece. In the mornings, the sun burnt the pavements -  And something inside me missed watching  The white shapes that merrily float past -  I didn't realise they had much meaning.  Though much couldn't be seen, they brought A wholesome feeling - that you probably can't see -  You only can, when one day,  The clouds decide t...

What it really feels like, being indecisive.

  Let's get started.  Pick the next line:  You mean I need to choose?  You'll do just fine -  That is NOT true -  Whatever, pick the next -  I CANNOT DECIDE .  I mean why not?  That's my flawed side.  Oh, ambiguous, are we?  Sure, just pick a line for me. Is this turning into a poem?  It better be!  Why can't you decide on one answer?  What if one is better than the next?  Don't think too much about possible blunders -  That is exactly why I fret.  You can't not have an opinion -  But that's how it is.  You should really change -  It's not my fault I'm indecisive.  Think about it, I'm used to heat, but at the moment  I can use some cool But I can survive in the Sahara if I have to But I'll suffer in cold rooms, I might even solidify  But now, the heat is a bit hard to bear  But I'm afraid, the AC might get too extreme -  ALRIGHT, I understand, it's pretty hard to ...

Thunder & Lightning

Lightning is that which intimidates,  But thunder is that which wishes  To follow lightning.  That is to say,  Thunder follows lightning's path,  But reaches a different destination.  But thunder can be far more intimidating -  You don't need to see it to believe it.  But aren't we told to not blindly believe  Whatever we hear?  For all we know, the "thunder" we heard,  Could just be the bark of a very large dog.  But lightning is something we see - But can we believe everything we see?  Perhaps the lightning is just  The lights, somewhere in the sky  Fluctuating.  But if we can't rely on thunder  Or lightning  What if they're both played together?  Though thunder always follows,  Never leads or walks beside,  Surely, we can believe  If we see it, and hear it.  But how great could the coincidences be?  No, to believe it, you must feel it -  And not just a mere ink...