Skip to main content

dreams and frozen memories

Have you had the feeling 
Where all your thoughts were fading, 
Memories slipping. 
Present, but out of reach. 
But within reach.
Locked away, but still alive 
Yet fresh in my mind. 
If it's so clear to remember, why can't I?
Because I can, but I can't. 
I feel the memories. 
I don't see them. 
I sense the thoughts, 
But I can't properly think. 
It's like a dream, 
Something you experienced, 
Something you can remember, 
But it slips away as you try. 
But it was definitely real (in your mind)- 
That's the difference between memories, 
And dreams. 
Dreams can fade, unless they're profound enough. 
Memories appear to fade, 
But memories are always so powerful 
That nothing can wipe them. 
They are merely hidden in plain sight. 
Waiting, for the day 
They will be recalled. 
And that day might come, 
Or it might not. 

Comments

  1. Fantastic da kanna!!! Very beautifully written !! I feel there is a chasm of differences AND a mirror of similarities between the two. In a way , both are theatrical and not real and both have the power to create deception and let time slip through our fingers if we delve too much in either. However , whilst memories are nothing but the ruins and remains of what was, dreams act as the scaffolding which one can use to build the future. It is totally up-to an individual what he wishes to do with his time - delve in bygones or chase something which is a possibility with time and effort!

    You’ve beautifully worded your fear of losing memories but if you ask me , at times, it’s best to leave the memories where they truly belong - in the past ; and pave way for making newer ones !

    Loads of love,
    Shyam Aunty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shriiii u outdid urself I love the line “present, but out of reach but within reach” 🫢😭 this poem reminds me so much of 8C and 5D πŸ’˜

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clouded

  Every night, I bring myself  To stare up at the sky -  But turn back home, with a frown on my face, Clouds blocking stars, showing wry.  Every morning, I peek out the window  To marvel at the sea above - But turn away, losing hope,  Cotton figures, masking what I love.  Every time I see the clouds,  I curse them, with all might,  They don't deserve to be up there,  Ruining the bright days and starry nights.  And one day, the clouds finally went away,  And I stargazed in much peace.  But suddenly, the sky felt a bit empty -  Although dotted by the stars, without fake fleece. In the mornings, the sun burnt the pavements -  And something inside me missed watching  The white shapes that merrily float past -  I didn't realise they had much meaning.  Though much couldn't be seen, they brought A wholesome feeling - that you probably can't see -  You only can, when one day,  The clouds decide t...

What it really feels like, being indecisive.

  Let's get started.  Pick the next line:  You mean I need to choose?  You'll do just fine -  That is NOT true -  Whatever, pick the next -  I CANNOT DECIDE .  I mean why not?  That's my flawed side.  Oh, ambiguous, are we?  Sure, just pick a line for me. Is this turning into a poem?  It better be!  Why can't you decide on one answer?  What if one is better than the next?  Don't think too much about possible blunders -  That is exactly why I fret.  You can't not have an opinion -  But that's how it is.  You should really change -  It's not my fault I'm indecisive.  Think about it, I'm used to heat, but at the moment  I can use some cool But I can survive in the Sahara if I have to But I'll suffer in cold rooms, I might even solidify  But now, the heat is a bit hard to bear  But I'm afraid, the AC might get too extreme -  ALRIGHT, I understand, it's pretty hard to ...

Thunder & Lightning

Lightning is that which intimidates,  But thunder is that which wishes  To follow lightning.  That is to say,  Thunder follows lightning's path,  But reaches a different destination.  But thunder can be far more intimidating -  You don't need to see it to believe it.  But aren't we told to not blindly believe  Whatever we hear?  For all we know, the "thunder" we heard,  Could just be the bark of a very large dog.  But lightning is something we see - But can we believe everything we see?  Perhaps the lightning is just  The lights, somewhere in the sky  Fluctuating.  But if we can't rely on thunder  Or lightning  What if they're both played together?  Though thunder always follows,  Never leads or walks beside,  Surely, we can believe  If we see it, and hear it.  But how great could the coincidences be?  No, to believe it, you must feel it -  And not just a mere ink...