Skip to main content

a single raindrop

 Just a single drop of water, 

In a huge downpour of rain. 

What could I possibly signify;

Other than vain?

Would you notice if I disappeared? 

Would you notice if I refrained, 

From falling upon the ground, 

Pattering down the lane?

None of us matter at all;

What purpose do we serve? 

I'm just another rain drop, 

There is more yet I deserve.

Why must I go as well, 

If millions, billions are of same verve?

If millions, billions out there, 

Are still there to be conserved?


I might be worthless alone, 

But what I have realised-

WE are worth so much together, 

The power comes from inside. 

Every tiny droplet

Contributed to the force, 

And if I ever do feel so worthless- 

I must know, although I am just one in 

billions, 

To many, I bring hope.

Comments

  1. Super and very very excellent Shriyan. Keep it up ur writing. God bless you and always with u in all ur activities. Anbudan viji Patti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant write up. Giving hope to all like a tiny rain drop ending the poem with message is extraordinary talent. Its God given gift to you. I really enjoyed your poem like how I enjoy every drops of rain. May God bless you Shriyandhaa.
    From
    Pushpa patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every human's hope is like the rain drop
    On this earth. Your poetic words are
    Very truth revealing connections.
    All the best. 👍💐🙏

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clouded

  Every night, I bring myself  To stare up at the sky -  But turn back home, with a frown on my face, Clouds blocking stars, showing wry.  Every morning, I peek out the window  To marvel at the sea above - But turn away, losing hope,  Cotton figures, masking what I love.  Every time I see the clouds,  I curse them, with all might,  They don't deserve to be up there,  Ruining the bright days and starry nights.  And one day, the clouds finally went away,  And I stargazed in much peace.  But suddenly, the sky felt a bit empty -  Although dotted by the stars, without fake fleece. In the mornings, the sun burnt the pavements -  And something inside me missed watching  The white shapes that merrily float past -  I didn't realise they had much meaning.  Though much couldn't be seen, they brought A wholesome feeling - that you probably can't see -  You only can, when one day,  The clouds decide t...

What it really feels like, being indecisive.

  Let's get started.  Pick the next line:  You mean I need to choose?  You'll do just fine -  That is NOT true -  Whatever, pick the next -  I CANNOT DECIDE .  I mean why not?  That's my flawed side.  Oh, ambiguous, are we?  Sure, just pick a line for me. Is this turning into a poem?  It better be!  Why can't you decide on one answer?  What if one is better than the next?  Don't think too much about possible blunders -  That is exactly why I fret.  You can't not have an opinion -  But that's how it is.  You should really change -  It's not my fault I'm indecisive.  Think about it, I'm used to heat, but at the moment  I can use some cool But I can survive in the Sahara if I have to But I'll suffer in cold rooms, I might even solidify  But now, the heat is a bit hard to bear  But I'm afraid, the AC might get too extreme -  ALRIGHT, I understand, it's pretty hard to ...

Thunder & Lightning

Lightning is that which intimidates,  But thunder is that which wishes  To follow lightning.  That is to say,  Thunder follows lightning's path,  But reaches a different destination.  But thunder can be far more intimidating -  You don't need to see it to believe it.  But aren't we told to not blindly believe  Whatever we hear?  For all we know, the "thunder" we heard,  Could just be the bark of a very large dog.  But lightning is something we see - But can we believe everything we see?  Perhaps the lightning is just  The lights, somewhere in the sky  Fluctuating.  But if we can't rely on thunder  Or lightning  What if they're both played together?  Though thunder always follows,  Never leads or walks beside,  Surely, we can believe  If we see it, and hear it.  But how great could the coincidences be?  No, to believe it, you must feel it -  And not just a mere ink...