Skip to main content

The Poem of the Thing which Crunches While Working

 They give a splash of colours to pics,

Because they do that, they're more like a fix.

A crunchy sound they make while work,

Are you interested to learn their perks?



They are mostly used for outlining,

Sharpie and Camel are some of the brand names.

They come in shades blue and red,

Purple and pink, and there are more, I said.



But don't colour too much! They might leave an impression,

Letting you know that there was an Inksplosion (usage of too much ink),

Sometimes the Inksplosion makes the page tear,

Then the poor book cover will have nothing to wear!



What are these things? Crunching while working,

Making Inksplosions, causing those things to sink?

Oh, I really really want to know!

What these things are. So, do you know?



They are the colourful schetchpens, you see,

I wish I was a part of the colourful schetchpen family!



Comments

  1. Super write up Shriyandhaa. You are imagination is wonderful. Continue your good work. Wonderful thinking and to ut that in your blog is good. Fine. We all appreciate your thinking and writings.

    Babu Thatha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colour ful poem very attractive also with words power .i learn many things from your writings you little smart girl though iam very older than you. You give a message in all your writings. Yes I too want to be a part. Of colour ful sketch along with you
    From Pushpa patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colourful and attractive poem. God bless you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clouded

  Every night, I bring myself  To stare up at the sky -  But turn back home, with a frown on my face, Clouds blocking stars, showing wry.  Every morning, I peek out the window  To marvel at the sea above - But turn away, losing hope,  Cotton figures, masking what I love.  Every time I see the clouds,  I curse them, with all might,  They don't deserve to be up there,  Ruining the bright days and starry nights.  And one day, the clouds finally went away,  And I stargazed in much peace.  But suddenly, the sky felt a bit empty -  Although dotted by the stars, without fake fleece. In the mornings, the sun burnt the pavements -  And something inside me missed watching  The white shapes that merrily float past -  I didn't realise they had much meaning.  Though much couldn't be seen, they brought A wholesome feeling - that you probably can't see -  You only can, when one day,  The clouds decide t...

What it really feels like, being indecisive.

  Let's get started.  Pick the next line:  You mean I need to choose?  You'll do just fine -  That is NOT true -  Whatever, pick the next -  I CANNOT DECIDE .  I mean why not?  That's my flawed side.  Oh, ambiguous, are we?  Sure, just pick a line for me. Is this turning into a poem?  It better be!  Why can't you decide on one answer?  What if one is better than the next?  Don't think too much about possible blunders -  That is exactly why I fret.  You can't not have an opinion -  But that's how it is.  You should really change -  It's not my fault I'm indecisive.  Think about it, I'm used to heat, but at the moment  I can use some cool But I can survive in the Sahara if I have to But I'll suffer in cold rooms, I might even solidify  But now, the heat is a bit hard to bear  But I'm afraid, the AC might get too extreme -  ALRIGHT, I understand, it's pretty hard to ...

Thunder & Lightning

Lightning is that which intimidates,  But thunder is that which wishes  To follow lightning.  That is to say,  Thunder follows lightning's path,  But reaches a different destination.  But thunder can be far more intimidating -  You don't need to see it to believe it.  But aren't we told to not blindly believe  Whatever we hear?  For all we know, the "thunder" we heard,  Could just be the bark of a very large dog.  But lightning is something we see - But can we believe everything we see?  Perhaps the lightning is just  The lights, somewhere in the sky  Fluctuating.  But if we can't rely on thunder  Or lightning  What if they're both played together?  Though thunder always follows,  Never leads or walks beside,  Surely, we can believe  If we see it, and hear it.  But how great could the coincidences be?  No, to believe it, you must feel it -  And not just a mere ink...