Skip to main content

Happy Ganesh Chaturthi!!


Today's a God's Birthday,

He has nice tusks.

With a long nose,

And never makes a fuss,

He is just like Krishna,

And is cute, thus 

So sorry for the late wishes

Dear Ganesha!

Come near, don't go far!

With wet soil,

And a nice umbrella too,

With Kundumani eyes,

And a veshti and a namam too!

Make yummy yummy kozhakattai,

And payasam,

With spicy, crispy Sundal,

And Aval Pori and corn, yum!

The elephant-like Ganesha,

Shower the choicest blessings on us,

We are praying for no pandemic,

To go away without any fuss!

Give us health,

Wealth and more,

Make me study better,

Take us to the good shore,

To Ganesha Happy Birthday!

And to the others,

Happy Ganesh Chaturthi!

Ganesha, bless them too, with pleasure.






Comments

  1. Thank you Shriyandhaa for sharing the Happy Birthday of Lord Ganesha through your poem with proper description of your house Ganapthi pooja. The whole day we are with good energy only because of Lord Ganesh Birthday functions.keep celebrating and enjoy.
    From Pushpa patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you patti ��I hope your house's Ganesha had a hearty meal ��

      Delete
  2. சூப்பர்ஸ்ரியந்தா.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. மிகவும் நன்றி தாத்தா 🙂Knaht ouy ahtaht😁

      Delete
    2. It has to be shri‌‌‍‍ ஸ்ரீயந்தா

      Delete
  3. Yr poem for Ganesh happy birthday is very very beautyful and excellant also may god bless u iñ all ur activities. By viji. Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you So much patti��

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clouded

  Every night, I bring myself  To stare up at the sky -  But turn back home, with a frown on my face, Clouds blocking stars, showing wry.  Every morning, I peek out the window  To marvel at the sea above - But turn away, losing hope,  Cotton figures, masking what I love.  Every time I see the clouds,  I curse them, with all might,  They don't deserve to be up there,  Ruining the bright days and starry nights.  And one day, the clouds finally went away,  And I stargazed in much peace.  But suddenly, the sky felt a bit empty -  Although dotted by the stars, without fake fleece. In the mornings, the sun burnt the pavements -  And something inside me missed watching  The white shapes that merrily float past -  I didn't realise they had much meaning.  Though much couldn't be seen, they brought A wholesome feeling - that you probably can't see -  You only can, when one day,  The clouds decide t...

Thunder & Lightning

Lightning is that which intimidates,  But thunder is that which wishes  To follow lightning.  That is to say,  Thunder follows lightning's path,  But reaches a different destination.  But thunder can be far more intimidating -  You don't need to see it to believe it.  But aren't we told to not blindly believe  Whatever we hear?  For all we know, the "thunder" we heard,  Could just be the bark of a very large dog.  But lightning is something we see - But can we believe everything we see?  Perhaps the lightning is just  The lights, somewhere in the sky  Fluctuating.  But if we can't rely on thunder  Or lightning  What if they're both played together?  Though thunder always follows,  Never leads or walks beside,  Surely, we can believe  If we see it, and hear it.  But how great could the coincidences be?  No, to believe it, you must feel it -  And not just a mere ink...

What it really feels like, being indecisive.

  Let's get started.  Pick the next line:  You mean I need to choose?  You'll do just fine -  That is NOT true -  Whatever, pick the next -  I CANNOT DECIDE .  I mean why not?  That's my flawed side.  Oh, ambiguous, are we?  Sure, just pick a line for me. Is this turning into a poem?  It better be!  Why can't you decide on one answer?  What if one is better than the next?  Don't think too much about possible blunders -  That is exactly why I fret.  You can't not have an opinion -  But that's how it is.  You should really change -  It's not my fault I'm indecisive.  Think about it, I'm used to heat, but at the moment  I can use some cool But I can survive in the Sahara if I have to But I'll suffer in cold rooms, I might even solidify  But now, the heat is a bit hard to bear  But I'm afraid, the AC might get too extreme -  ALRIGHT, I understand, it's pretty hard to ...